As we approach the 8th Biological Weapons Convention (BWC) Review Conference set to take place in Geneva from November 7-25, 2016, the Middle East Next Generation of Arms Control Specialists Network (MENACS) is launching the BWC1972 website. The website was founded and developed by MENACS member Hussain Alhowaidi.
The goal of the website is to raise public awareness of biological weapons threats and the importance of the BWC. More attention, support, and effort are needed to reach greater participation in and universalization of the BWC.
BWC1972.org aims to:
* Enhance knowledge and awareness of the BWC;
* Increase media coverage of BWC related issues;
* Expand outreach to stakeholder communities;
* Increase recognition of positive achievements in the BWC;
* Promote greater confidence in multilateralism and international cooperation.
You can receive live reports from the BWC Review Conference following Hussain Alhowaidi @HussainHowaidi and @biologicalweap1!
To read the entire newsletter announcing the launch, click here.